Coming Together to Proactively Combat Cyber Threats to Our Businesses and Lives
LOS ANGELES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 12/18/15 -- The Eighth Annual Information Security Summit, hosted by ISSA Los Angeles (ISSA-LA), is scheduled to take place on May 19th - May 20th at the Universal City Hilton in California. This elite event, comprised of 2 keynote speakers, several tracks and forums, and four training sessions, will attract an audience of 1,000 of the country's top public and private sector leaders.
The ISSA-LA Information Security Summit is the only educational forum in Los Angeles specifically designed to encourage participation and interaction among all three vital information security constituencies:
(1) Business executives, senior business managers, and their trusted advisors;
(2) Technical IT personnel with responsibility for information systems and the data they contain; and
(3) Information Security Officers and professionals with responsibility for ensuring the security of sensitive information.
By popular demand, the event will again be host to four exclusive all-day forums:
- Chief Information Security Officers Forum
- Healthcare Privacy and Security Forum
- Business Executives Forum
"Every year we have some of the county's best speakers present the latest trends, strategies, and technologies related to information security," says Richard Greenberg, President, ISSA Los Angeles. "You will walk away from this Summit armed with new strategies and tactical plans to help improve your company's and organization's information security and privacy posture. Learn how to shore up your gaps; don't let yourselves be an easy target."
Thus far, this year's speakers include global thought leaders for the information security industry:
- Mark Weatherford: former Deputy Under Secretary for Cybersecurity at the US Department of Homeland Security and now Chief Cybersecurity Strategist at vArmour
- Malcolm Harkins: Global Chief Information Security Officer at Cylance
- Rafal Los: Director, Solutions Research & Development at Optiv
- Jim Manico: founder of Manicode Security and Global Board Member for the OWASP foundation
We're also pleased to announce the first of our two keynote speakers, Jack Daniel of Tenable Network Security and co-founder of Security BSides. Daniel has over 20 years' experience in network and system administration and security, and has worked in a variety of practitioner and management positions.
A technology community activist, he supports several information security and technology organizations and is a frequent speaker at technology and security events. We look forward to hearing what Jack has to say!
In addition to some fantastic presented content, attendees will also be invited to join with each other for an opening reception, a capture the flag competition, a challenge room, and a prize-filled closing reception.
Driven by ongoing community support and tremendous community engagement, this year promises to be an illuminating and thought-provoking event. And, as always, attendees and sponsors will find it an excellent place to network with the world's leading information security executives, researchers, and practitioners.
Since ISSA-LA is all about the community, registration for the event is open to anyone interested in learning more about information security. In particular, it is recommended that the following attend the event so they can keep abreast of the latest in information security:
- Business executives and senior managers
- Business professionals in law, accounting, insurance, healthcare, banking, retail, and manufacturing
- Information Systems Directors, systems administrators, and IT practitioners
- Information Security Directors, managers, researchers and practitioners
- Privacy and forensics professionals
- Aspiring students interested in the business and information technology sector
The regular ticket price is $285 when purchased online and $395 when purchased at the door. However, for a limited time, if you want to save some money, book now to get an amazing early bird price of only $125!
The Information Security Summit is part of ISSA-LA's important community outreach program. The goal of the program is to help our community stay safe from cybercrime by enabling the necessary collaboration between business and community leaders, technical IT professionals and the information security community.
For more information on ISSA-LA Summit 8 and for registration details, please visit http://summit.issala.org/.
Register today to ensure you reserve your place at the table.
Sponsorship opportunities are also available for the media and for vendors. For more details and to view the full range of sponsorships, please visit: http://summit.issala.org/summit-viii-sponsors/
About Information Systems Security Association (ISSA):
The Information Systems Security Association is a not-for-profit, international organization of information security professionals and practitioners. It provides educational forums, publications and peer interaction opportunities that enhance the knowledge, skill and professional growth of its members. The primary goal of ISSA is to promote management practices that will ensure availability, integrity and confidentiality of information resources. For more information or to register, please visit: http://www.issa-la.org. Join the movement today!