Dr. Jessica Barker, Marcus Carey, Kevin Charest, Dr. Eric Cole, Tony Cole, Dr. Michaela Iorga, Dave Kennedy, Rodney Peterson and John Strand to Keynote
Clearwater, FL, Mar. 13, 2018 – (ISC)² – the world’s largest nonprofit association of certified cybersecurity professionals – today announced the keynotes for its Secure Summit DC (formerly known as CyberSecureGov) training event taking place May 7-8 at the MGM National Harbor in the DC metro area. These distinguished speakers will share expert insight into a broad array of issues facing the cybersecurity profession, ranging from evolving attack patterns to growing and sustaining the nation’s cybersecurity workforce.
(ISC)² Secure Summit DC will assemble the best minds in cybersecurity for two days of insightful discussions, workshops and best-practices sharing. The goal of the event is to equip security leaders to tackle today's threats, as well as arm them with the knowledge, tools and expertise to protect their organizations and advance their careers. Registered attendees will be immersed in two days of insightful, strategic cybersecurity knowledge.
“(ISC)² Secure Summit DC will cover practical, effective response strategies that cybersecurity professionals in the public and private sectors need to learn to be successful in today’s environment,” said Brian Correia, managing director for North America, (ISC)². “This lineup of keynote speakers is packed with brilliant minds who will offer thought-provoking perspectives on the cybersecurity industry.”
The keynote speakers for (ISC)² Secure Summit DC are:
- Dr. Jessica Barker, co-founder, Redactedfirm speaking about “How to Win Friends and Influence People in Cybersecurity”
- Marcus Carey, founder and CEO, Threatcare speaking about “If I Only Had a Brain”
- Kevin Charest, CISSP, DSVP and chief information security officer, Health Care Service Corporation and chairperson, (ISC)² Board of Directors speaking about “Cybersecurity in a Digital Transformation World”
- Dr. Eric Cole, founder and CEO, Secure Anchor Consulting speaking about “Evolution of Cyber Security – Are We Making Progress or Going Backwards?”
- Tony Cole, vice president and global government technology officer, FireEye speaking about “Adversaries Evolve Their Tactics to Compromise Your Enterprise, Are you Evolving to Stop Them?”
- Dr. Michaela Iorga, senior security technical lead for cloud computing, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) speaking about “Building a Secure Cloud-based System that Supports Automation of the Assessment and Continuous Monitoring: NIST Cloud Computing Rubik's Cube (CCSRC) & Open Security Controls Assessment Language (OSCAL)”
- Dave Kennedy, CISSP, founder of TrustedSec and Binary Defense Systems and member, (ISC)² Board of Directors speaking about “Evolving Attack Patterns: Noise in the Wire”
- Rodney Peterson, Director of the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) in the U.S. Department of Commerce speaking about “Growing and Sustaining the Nation's Cybersecurity Workforce”
- John Strand, owner, Black Hills Information Security speaking about “A Hunting We Must Go”
For the lineup of keynote speakers, please visit http://www.cvent.com/events/securesummitdc/custom-39-a73abe5f2a50473fa0f143415094cbb9.aspx?itspmagazine.
Registration is open online at at https://www.cvent.com/events/securesummitdc/registration-a73abe5f2a50473fa0f143415094cbb9.aspx?itspmagazine.
(ISC)² is an international nonprofit membership association focused on inspiring a safe and secure cyber world. Best known for the acclaimed Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) certification, (ISC)2 offers a portfolio of credentials that are part of a holistic, programmatic approach to security. Our membership, over 130,000 strong, is made up of certified cyber, information, software and infrastructure security professionals who are making a difference and helping to advance the industry. Our vision is supported by our commitment to educate and reach the general public through our charitable foundation – The Center for Cyber Safety and EducationTM. For more information on (ISC)², visit www.isc2.org, follow us on Twitter or connect with us on Facebook.
© 2018, (ISC)² Inc., (ISC)², CISSP, SSCP, CCSP, CAP, CSSLP, HCISPP, CCFP, CISSP-ISSAP, CISSP-ISSEP, CISSP-ISSMP and CBK are registered marks, of (ISC)², Inc.