VIPs and guests to recognize cyber excellence at upcoming event in Washington, D.C.
Clearwater, FL, April 12, 2018 – (ISC)² – the world’s largest nonprofit association of certified cybersecurity professionals – today announced finalists for its 15th annual Information Security Leadership Awards Government (ISLA® Government) program.
Sponsored by the (ISC)2 U.S. Government Advisory Council (USGAC), the ISLA Government program was established in 2004 to recognize government information security leaders (individuals or teams) whose commitment to excellence are advancing the nation’s cybersecurity program in six areas: workforce, technology, process/policy, community awareness, industry partners and cybersecurity up-and-comers.
“This program presents an opportunity to highlight the amazing work that cybersecurity professionals are doing on a daily basis, yet seldom get recognized for,” said Brian Correia, managing director for North America, (ISC)². “What makes ISLA Government stand out from other industry awards programs is its recognition of leaders who are protecting our nation’s most critical digital assets by developing a superior cybersecurity workforce capable of handling the threats of today and tomorrow.”
Each year, a judging committee of senior information security experts from the (ISC)² USGAC review nominees and recommend finalists based upon selection criteria and eligibility requirements.
The 2018 ISLA Government finalists are as follows:
- Aung Htein, administrator, Office of Information Systems and Technology, Employment and Training Administration, U.S. Department of Labor
- Khalid Hasan, senior OIG manager for information technology, Office of Inspector General for the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (Board) and the Consumer Protection Bureau (CFPB)
Up-and-Coming Information Security Professional
- Mark Bacharach, CISSP, innovation fellow, Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Environmental Information, Office of Information Security and Privacy
- Matthew Boehlke, associate IT security analyst, Kent State University
- Michael Sherwood, director of technology and innovation, City of Las Vegas
- Peter Le, CISSP, CCSP, information technology specialist, U.S. Department of Justice
- Glenn Hernandez, CISSP, captain, U.S. Coast Guard (retired) and chief information security officer
- Jothi Dugar, CISSP, HCISPP, chief information security officer, National Institutes of Health Clinical Center
Most Valuable Industry Partner
- Nicholas Andersen, CISSP, vice president of corporate strategy, Invictus International Consulting
- Tom Suder, founder & president, Advanced Technology Academic Research Center (ATARC)
- Matt Goodrich, JD, FedRAMP director, Technology Transformation Service, U.S. General Services Administration
- Eric Trias, CISSP, commander, Air Force Space Command Cyberspace Support Squadron, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois
For more information on the ISLA Government program, please visit https://www.isc2.org/About/Award-Programs.
(ISC)² is an international nonprofit membership association focused on inspiring a safe and secure cyber world. Best known for the acclaimed Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) certification, (ISC)2 offers a portfolio of credentials that are part of a holistic, programmatic approach to security. Our membership, over 130,000 strong, is made up of certified cyber, information, software and infrastructure security professionals who are making a difference and helping to advance the industry. Our vision is supported by our commitment to educate and reach the general public through our charitable foundation – The Center for Cyber Safety and EducationTM. For more information on (ISC)², visit www.isc2.org, follow us on Twitter or connect with us on Facebook.
© 2018, (ISC)² Inc., (ISC)², CISSP, SSCP, CCSP, CAP, CSSLP, HCISPP, CCFP, CISSP-ISSAP, CISSP-ISSEP, CISSP-ISSMP and CBK are registered marks, of (ISC)², Inc.