Completely redesigned UX/UI and enhanced detection capabilities raise the bar for EDR solutions
PASADENA, Calif. – May 16, 2017 – Guidance Software, the makers of EnCase®, the gold standard in forensic security, today announced EnCase® Endpoint Security Version 6, a significant redesign of the company’s flagship endpoint detection and response (EDR) product.
“Version 6 is a major update for EnCase Endpoint Security. For this release, we improved the entire user experience for our customers,” said Michael Harris, chief marketing officer at Guidance. “The result is a product with more powerful detection and scoring of threats, that is also easier to use for both tier-one security analysts and advanced incident responders. EnCase Endpoint Security will reduce the time, complexity, and costs related to threat detection and incident response.”
Version 6 combines a completely redesigned interface and user experience (UI/UX), with enhanced threat detection capabilities, and new incident response workflows. The new release also creates more operational efficiencies to improve integrations and ROI on security investments.
EnCase Endpoint Security Version 6 offers customers a host of improvements, including:
Enhanced Endpoint Detection and Response Capabilities
- EnCase Endpoint Security Version 6 provides conditional detection and embedded threat intelligence with a focus on automation. With this release, customers can more rapidly detect hidden threats before they lead to a breach.
- Integrated threat intelligence adds a deeper layer of context to security alerts, including numeric threat scores that help IR teams prioritize and respond to critical threats.
- Version 6 also simplifies additional incident response control actions – including memory scans, IOC searches, and incident investigations – enabling tier-one and tier-two security analysts the ability to quickly get to the heart of any incident.
Improved User Experience
- Streamlined security workflows meet the needs of both tier-one security analysts and advanced incident responders.
- Version 6 is designed to promote greater operational efficiencies by offering meaningful dashboards, process tree visualizations, customizations, shortcuts, and more.
Increased Operational Efficiencies
- The new EnCase Endpoint Security includes enhanced open APIs that expands the capacity to automate more processes involving third party security tools.
- Integration with various SIEM tools, like Splunk, allow customers to access EnCase Endpoint Security with a single-pane-of-glass user experience.
About Guidance Software
Guidance (NASDAQ: GUID) exists to turn chaos and the unknown into order and the known-so that companies and their customers can go about their daily lives as usual without worry or disruption, knowing their most valuable information is safe and secure. The makers of EnCase®, the gold standard in forensic security, Guidance provides a mission-critical foundation of market-leading applications that offer deep 360-degree visibility across all endpoints, devices and networks, allowing proactive identification and remediation of threats. From retail to financial institutions, our field-tested and court-proven solutions are deployed on an estimated 35 million endpoints at more than 70 of the Fortune 100 and hundreds of agencies worldwide, from beginning to endpoint.
Guidance Software®, EnCase® and EnForce™ are trademarks owned by Guidance Software and may not be used without prior written permission. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.