Register now through July 13 and save $200 on Briefings Pass
SAN FRANCISCO, June 6, 2018 - Today, Black Hat, the world’s leading producer of information security events, releases its initial Briefings in anticipation of its USA event. Back for its 21st year, the annual event will return to Las Vegas where today’s most influential information security professionals and researchers will meet to unveil critical vulnerabilities that affect widely used voting machines, mobile devices, cars, operating systems and critical infrastructure.
Black Hat USA will take place August 4 – 9, 2018 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center, Briefings will be presented Wednesday and Thursday. For more information and to save $200 on a Briefings Pass by July 13, please visit: blackhat.com/us-18/registration.html
Selected from an astonishing number of submissions, this year’s currently announced Briefings include:
· An exploration of the hacking of voting machines and the current state of this technology ahead of the 2018 midterm elections.
· Critical infrastructure attacks involving emergency systems and more, including a vulnerability capable of affecting radio-controlled emergency warning siren systems deployed globally to alert citizens about major incidents and threats; research on the TRITON attack framework, engineered to manipulate protection functions meant to safeguard human lives; and a look at vulnerabilities within SATCOM security that could result in attacks to international airlines, NATO military bases and various other vessels around the world.
· A look at car hacks, including research on hacking self-driving cars from the researchers who famously hacked a Jeep in 2015, and remote attacks on the Tesla Model S/X leading to the takeover of its Autopilot module.
· Exposed payment system vulnerabilities from hacking into cash dispensers of ATM machines to spew cash, to live demonstrations of new vulnerabilities found in Paypal, Square, SumUp and iZettle that allow attackers to alter communication during transactions, modify payment values for magnetic-strip transactions, and send arbitrary code via Bluetooth and mobile application.
· Mobile threats that involve the unveiling of a nation state actor’s Android/iOS surveillance tooling previously used to successfully compromise the devices of government officials and military personnel around the world.
· Enterprise compromises, including a vulnerability that makes it possible to gain access to Windows 10 machines through the use of Microsoft Cortana, giving attackers the ability to view sensitive files, browse arbitrary websites, download and execute arbitrary executables from the Internet, and gain elevated privileges with focused defenses blind to the attack.
· Research on major platform weaknesses with a presentation from the researchers that discovered the Meltdown and Spectre bugs in early 2018, a deep dive into a vulnerability in both Intel and AMD CPUs that can be utilized to reliably and successfully exploit Windows 10, and the exploration of hardware backdoors in x86 processors.
View all announced Briefing abstracts here: blackhat.com/us-18/briefings/schedule/index.html
Black Hat USA Trainings – Register Now to Save $200:
Black Hat will offer its largest Trainings lineup to date, with deeply technical, hands-on courses led by the information security industry’s top trainers and professionals. Courses will span a wide range of topics including infrastructure hacking, social engineering and car hacking. For information on the lineup, please visit: blackhat.com/us-18/training/schedule/index.html
Live Demos - Black Hat Arsenal:
Black Hat Arsenal will return to Las Vegas with its popular tool and demo area, showcasing the hottest developments from the open-source community. Demonstrations will take place Wednesday and Thursday during the event. To view this year’s Arsenal tools and schedule, visit: blackhat.com/us-18/arsenal/schedule/index.html
Get Registered for Black Hat USA 2018:
· Apply for a media pass here
· Register for a conference pass here
Top sponsors of Black Hat USA 2018 include: Diamond Sponsors: Cisco, Cylance, Forcepoint, LogRhythm, McAfee, Qualys, Rapid7, RSA, Tenable Network Security; Platinum Plus Sponsors: AlienVault, Bromium, Carbon Black, Cofense, CrowdStrike, Cybereason, DarkMatter, Darktrace, Digital Guardian, ESET, FireEye, Fortinet, NETSCOUT I Arbor, Palo Alto Networks, Recorded Future, SentinelOne, Symantec, Webroot; Platinum Sponsors: Bomgar, CyberVista, Cyxtera Technologies, F5 Networks, iboss, Lastline, Mimecast, Optiv Security, Proofpoint, Inc., ReliaQuest, SecureAuth + Core Security, SecurityScorecard, Spirent Communications, Synack, Synopsys, Trend Micro, Vectra Networks, ZeroFOX. For all sponsorship opportunities, visit: blackhat.com/us-18/sponsors.html
Connect with Black Hat (#BlackHat)
Future Black Hat Dates and Events
● Black Hat Trainings 2018, Chicago, IL, USA, October 22-23
● Black Hat Europe 2018, London, UK, December 3-6
● Black Hat Asia 2019, Singapore, March 26-29
About Black Hat
For more than 20 years, Black Hat has provided attendees with the very latest in information security research, development, and trends. These high-profile global events and trainings are driven by the needs of the security community, striving to bring together the best minds in the industry. Black Hat inspires professionals at all career levels, encouraging growth and collaboration among academia, world-class researchers, and leaders in the public and private sectors. Black Hat Briefings and Trainings are held annually in the United States, Europe and Asia. More information is available at: blackhat.com. Black Hat is organized by UBM plc. UBM is the largest pure-play B2B Events organizer in the world. Our 3,750+ people, based in more than 20 countries, serve more than 50 different sectors. Our deep knowledge and passion for these sectors allow us to create valuable experiences which enable our customers to succeed.