ATDC, Georgia State University and TEDxPeachtree Add Networking Mixers, Guest Speakers and a Scholarship Competition During Week of Oct. 2
ATLANTA (PRWEB) JULY 26, 2017 Baker Donelson and the Metro Atlanta Chamber (MAC) today announced the addition of five events to the Atlanta Cyber Week schedule. The Advanced Technology Development Center (ATDC) and Georgia State University are sponsoring the newly-added events that will supplement Atlanta Cyber Week’s anchor conferences, Cybercon and the National Technology Security Council (NTSC) CISO Policy Conference.
Baker Donelson today also announced the call for applications for Cybercon’s emerging growth cybersecurity product pitch competition. Growth stage cybersecurity companies from around the world are encouraged to apply for the rare opportunity to present their products directly to chief information security officers and other security professionals from companies representing the southeastern United States. Applications must be submitted by no later than Aug. 23. Click here to apply.
“Atlanta is ready to demonstrate to the world why it is a premier cybersecurity hub,” said Justin Daniels, a Baker Donelson shareholder, co-founder of its cybersecurity accelerator and the leader of the Atlanta Cyber Week effort. “We are looking forward to engaging CISOs, startups, and other cybersecurity stakeholders for a week of compelling networking, learning and business development opportunities that set Atlanta Cyber Week apart from traditional security conferences.”
New events during Atlanta Cyber Week include:
Monday, Oct. 2
- Startups & CISOs @ ATDC: Georgia Tech’s Advanced Technology Development Center will host a mixer and discussion session for early-stage companies to speak with seasoned leaders, seek their advice, and tap into their expertise. Location: Hodges Room, Suite 335, 75 Fifth St. NW, Atlanta, GA 30308. Time: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. No RSVP required.
Tuesday, Oct. 3
- CISO Meetup: The CISO Meetup is an opportunity to learn and discuss cybersecurity concerns with CISO's from large enterprises located in Atlanta in the Fintech and other industries. Selected companies will have a chance for one on one meetings with CISO's while all attendees will have the chance to network and learn about the Atlanta metro region's cybersecurity ecosystem through the Baker Donelson Cybersecurity Accelerator opportunity. Location: Baker Donelson Cybersecurity Accelerator, 3414 Peachtree Rd., NE, 14th Floor, Atlanta, GA 30326. Time: 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. Register here.
Friday, Oct. 6
- ATDC Cybersecurity Lecture Series: Georgia Tech’s Cybersecurity Lecture Series features Dr. Raheem Beyah from the School of Electrical & Computer Engineering for “Out of Control: the expanded attack surface of control systems.” Location: 75 Fifth St. NW, Suite 2000, Atlanta, GA 30308. Time: Noon – 1 p.m. Register here.
- Georgia State University Presents: Capture the Flag: The competition will use the Facebook Capture the Flag Competition framework based on the board game Risk. Each country on the map will unveil a problem with easy, medium, and expert challenges available in six topic areas. Location: Georgia State University. RSVP: (http://www.cybercon.us/atlanta-cyber-week-october-2-6/)
- TEDxPeachtree: The ninth annual TEDxPeachtree features 18 of Georgia’s most innovative thinkers and doers who will each go beyond the headlines to share ideas that drive the future, help spark change and that celebrate human ingenuity. TEDxPeachtree 2017 speaker Justin Daniels will be sharing how persistent and increasingly sophisticated cyber threats affect the way companies and countries operate, and the profound changes that must be made to overcome these threats. Location: Rialto Theatre - 80 Forsyth St NW, Atlanta, GA 30303. Time: All Day. Registration: http://tedxpeachtree.com/
Atlanta Cyber Week is a public-private collaboration that highlights the pillars of Atlanta’s burgeoning cybersecurity ecosystem, exposing domestic and international audiences to the world class cyber workforce and resources unique to the Metro Atlanta region. Additionally, Atlanta Cyber Week will provide multiple opportunities for high-growth cybersecurity companies to interact in intimate ways not offered at major industry events with security decision makers from Atlanta’s abundance of Fortune 1000 enterprises. At the same time, CIOs, CISOs and chief technology officers will be afforded opportunities to have meaningful engagement with select cybersecurity firms, both domestic and international, to learn about product offerings most relevant to their needs.
For more information on Atlanta Cyber Week and the complete schedule of events, visit http://www.atlcyberweek.com and follow @ATLCyberWeek on Twitter. For complimentary media registration, email evan(at)arpr.com.
About Baker Donelson
Baker Donelson has 800 attorneys and public policy advisors representing more than 30 practice areas connected across 24 offices in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Washington, D.C. The firm is routinely recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For."
About the Metro Atlanta Chamber
The Metro Atlanta Chamber (MAC) serves as a catalyst for a more prosperous and vibrant region. To advance economic growth and improve metro Atlanta's quality of place, MAC is focused on starting, growing and recruiting companies to the 29-county metro Atlanta region. The Chamber is also focused on expanding the region's innovation economy by promoting and strengthening connections to drive Atlanta's innovation and entrepreneurial culture. MAC is committed to being an active voice for the business community, serving as an advocate for a competitive business climate and telling Atlanta's story. For more information, visit http://www.metroatlantachamber.com
About Atlanta Cyber Week
Atlanta Cyber Week is a public-private collaboration led by Baker Donelson and Metro Atlanta Chamber that will host multiple events during the week of October 2-6, 2017 to highlight the pillars of the region's burgeoning cybersecurity ecosystem. Each event will be structured to facilitate meaningful discussion on important cybersecurity topics and foster customer development between high-growth cybersecurity companies and the city’s unrivaled density of Fortune 1000s.