ITSPmagazine will be back in Vegas for Black Hat and, for the first time, DEF CON, BSides and the inaugural Hacking Diversity conference (for which we are the official media partner!). Our coverage of these three events will extend to pre, during, and post Vegas with podcasts, chats, articles, live panels and talk shows. You can find all of this and more on our Black Hat USA 2018 | DEFCON 26 | Hacking Diversity | BSides coverage page!
Summer Camp is almost upon us. Black (corporate) Hat, DEF CON, BSidesLV and ALL the surrounding stuff (SkyTalks, SECTF, Villages, Contests, etc.)
For those newer folks attending, some thoughts/tips/hints, etc.
- This is an inclusive event, accept everyone or don’t bother coming.
- Daily: 3-2-1, 3 hours of sleep, 2 meals and 1 shower (please!)
- DO Defcon101 especially if you are new/never seen it before.
- Don’t bring the work laptop to the conference, leave it at the hotel…
- Always assume most digital spectrums are hostile, plan accordingly…
- Always ask questions of people, we ARE here to help.
- Respect one another, hug a GOON or SAFETY and feed them alcohol.
- CASH only, be VERY wary of ATM’s.
- Water yourself a LOT.
- Visit the C&E areas.
- Visit the villages! (Voting, cars, WiFi, Locks, BioHack, SECTF, etc.)
- Party like nobody’s recording (but assume they are).
- DON'T photograph without asking.
- Engage, join in, ask and we will welcome you AND enjoy yourself.
25,000 HACKERS are here to help you…
‘all for now
Editor's Note: Thank you Chris for allowing us to publish this after reading it as part of your LinkedIn activity.
View Chris' original post. There is a lot of good conversation going on there...
About Chris Roberts
Regarded as one of the world’s foremost experts on counter threat intelligence within the cybersecurity industry, Chris Roberts is the Chief of Adversarial Research and Engineering for LARES Consulting, helping to drive technology innovation and product leadership.